Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christine McVie Wants to Rejoin Fleetwood Mac [ 4ut0m0t1v3 ]

‘I miss them all. If they were to ask me I would probably be very delighted.’

Fleetwood Mac fans were thrilled in September when Christine McVie stepped onstage at the O2 Arena in London and joined her onetime bandmates to perform “Don’t Stop.” The former keyboardist and songwriter left the band in 1998, and even Stevie Nicks assumed she would never return.

But in a new interview with the Guardian, McVie said she wants to rejoin the band she helped build over her 28-year tenure. “I like being with the band, the whole idea of playing music with them,” she said. “I miss them all. If they were to ask me I would probably be very delighted … but it hasn’t happened so we’ll have to wait and see.”

Watch Christine McVie Reunite With Fleetwood Mac on ‘Don’t Stop’

After avoiding the stage and spotlight while living in England for the past decade, McVie marveled at how easy it was to fall into place again. “It was amazing, like I’d never left,” she said. “I climbed back on there again and there they were, the same old faces on stage.”

Regarding her retirement from the business after creating indelible hits like “Don’t Stop,” “You Make Loving Fun” and “Over My Head,” McVie said that she was “just music’d out.” “I suffered from some kind of delusion that I wanted to be an English country girl, a Sloane Ranger or something,” she said. “And it took me 15 years to realize that it’s not really what I wanted at all.”

If McVie does get the opportunity to resume her place as a full member of Fleetwood Mac, it won’t happen for a while. The band’s tour is currently on hiatus as her ex-husband, John McVie, undergoes treatment for cancer. But Christine McVie had some good news on that front, saying the bassist’s prognosis was “really good. He’s having his treatment in LA right now, but they caught it really early so he should be up and running in a couple of months.”

//

FACEBOOK COMMENT